Its foundation stone was consecrated in 1914. When the building of the stone church started, each parishioner undertook to pay a certain sum of money and each landlord supplied a certain amount of boulders. The priest of that time Kārlis Irbe undertook the management of works. The bell of the church weighing 530 kg was cast in Germany. There are also several significant and history-related works of applied and fine art in the church.