It is an architectural monument of state importance. The Beļava estate castle is one of the oldest castles in the district of Gulbene. It was built in 1750. During the course of time, the estate owners have changed several times. In 1820, the estate was in possession of the Bergs family. During this period of time, the reconstruction work of the castle was accomplished. It is known that the work was done by German experts. Fundamentally the common features were retained The castle is built on a foundation of boulders. The building has a socle floor, covered by cross vaults, which are based on the walls and massive pillars. Other premises have a horizontal covering. The facades are adorned by the curved edges of the windows. The castle is surrounded by a 6.1 hectare park. There are two ponds in the park. By one of them, there is a monument to the Baron's favourite horse. In the vicinity, there are the remains of several household buildings belonging to the estate.