Medieval Castle in Edole was built for Piltene Bishop in 1264-1267. Courtyard and round tower were built in the 16th century. Since 1561 till the agrarian reform in 1920 this castle and all Edole estate was property of barons von Behrs. Castle was enlarged (one storey was added) in the 17th-18th century. After reconstruction in 1835-1841 Edole Castle become one of the first samples of Neo-Gothic architecture in Kurzeme Region. Some outbuildings were destructed. A new dinning-room based on the massive pillars, a wide orangery at the round tower and Neo-Gothic stepped pediments were built. Castle was partly burned out during the revolutionary unrests in 1905. Later castle was renovated preserving gothic forms. A new household yard with Alexander Tower on its corner was built. Facades were rebuilt a little in 1916-1917. There has remained original interior finish in the castle from 1906-1911. Household part of Edole Manor is situated behind the former fortification moat. Complex of the manor is surrounded with a landscape park.