Museum's building was built in 1897 as "Waldschlössen" (at present - "Aldaris"), family mansion of the owner Adolf von Bingner (design's author - F. Zeiberlihs). It is surrounded with the park created in the beginning of 20th century by Georgs F. F. Kūfalts. In 1936, Latvian Credit Bank bought "Waldschlössen", unified it with "Iļģuciems" and other small breweries and established "Aldaris". Mansion was separated from other territory and in September 1937 placed in service of Latvia's President and Prime Minister Kārlis Ulmanis as a summer residence. Kārlis Ulmanis passed short period of time here, however, he liked this place. In addition, he gave a name to this house - "Dauderi". The longest time, which K. Ulmanis passed here, was a two-week period during his illness, when one meeting of the Council of Ministers took place here too. Kārlis Ulmanis willingly received guests here as well. When Soviet troops entered Latvia, the antiaircraft defence headquarters was placed in the building, in the German time the air defence artillery was placed in the artificial ruins of the park there. In the Soviet times, in the "Dauderi" there was kindergarten of "Aldaris", later - tasting rooms of the Ministry of Food Industry. In 1989, Latvian expatriate Gaidis Graudiņš gifted its private collection to the state - more than 7000 different items, the most part of which were connected with a period of the first republic and demonstrated cultural life in exile. On the grounds of this collection there was founded the Latvian Culture Museum "Dauderi".