In 1753, when Count Jochan Friedrich von Medem bought Eleja Manor from Jochan Ulrich von Behr, there already was built little wooden Manor-house, Servants' House and some household buildings. The new Late Rococo style manor-house was built in 70s of the 18th century. In its origins this house was modest because baron was living in other residence - in Vecauce Manor. This house was rebuilt in 1813. In the beginning of the 20th century manor-house was used as major-domo's house. During Soviet times the Major-domo's House was used for school, later also for flats. Other buildings were ruined till 1957 excep theatre house that was renovated. Now this former manor has become a private property.