Hotel "Riga" is situated in the most beautiful area - the very city centre, just opposite National Opera House and the Freedom Monument. In the 19th century it was originally a well-known hotel "Rome", built in 1878. During the war the elegant building of "Rome" was destroyed and in 1956 a completely new, grand, six-story hotel building was constructed. It was named after the capital - of "Riga" - as it had to become a hospitality symbol of the city.
The hotel has maintained to preserve its historical significance untill nowadays amongst a number of important sightseeing objects. The hotel "Riga" is a gateway to the Old Riga (Vecrīga), where all the main historical and architectural monuments, embassies, banks, shopping and entertainment areas, as well as other cultural heritage objects are within easy reach. It takes only 20 minutes drive from the International Airport to the hotel "Riga", and 5 minutes walk from the Central Bus and Train Stations.