In 1934 the decision was taken to build the Orthodox Church in Režica. The project was worked out by the architects of Petersburg – D. Viskonti and Š. Bodē II. The construction work was started in 1840, but the church was dedicated after 6 years (25th June, 1984) in honour to the birth of the Virgin. The family chapel of the Karaulov much endured in the thunderstorm on June 14th 1998 and its metal elements corroded. The chapel could ruin any time. Now it is being demounted and renovated.