The museum collection is comprised of historical items relating to the township of Salacgriva and the surrounding area that once belonged to the Salaca and SvÁtciems parishes. The collection focus is on shore fishing and the fisher-folk of the Vidzeme beaches and Salaca, and the activities of raftsmen in the Salaca river until the mid 1950s. A collection of postcards and photographs of Salacgriva up until 1940 is being developed. The permanent exhibition, ‘‘Fishing Tackle and Methods’‘ allows each visitor to try their hand at ancient pastimes. The visitor can weave a rag-rug on an old loom or learn to comb wool. Exhibitions of art are organised in the new temporary exhibition space.
The Salacgriva Museum, built in 1989, is located on the foundations of the town's society hall. The Museum was founded in 1998.