The Virka Manor developed at the near wharf of the Venta River. First local Evangelic-Lutheran School was opened in this manor in 1779. The former manor-house was built as a summer residence, but with the time the territory of the manor was incorporated into the growing Kuldiga City. There was done renovation works in the 80s of the 20th century and was preserved the manor park. Now the manor and its localities are used for recreation and relaxation activities.