The Dundaga Manor-Castle was built in the 13th century on the artificial islet. It was the castella type castle of Riga Dom-capitul with the small forepart of the castle that with the time converged with the other parts of the building. In the time of Livonian War the castle was mortgaged, but later it also often changed its owners. The last time this castle incurred the damages of hostilities was in 1656, when it was the property of Otto Ernest Maidel. At the end of the 17th century there were done the rebuilding works and the fortress shaped into landlord’s capacious manor-house. In 1683 besides the gate-tower was built the new oratory, later in 1685 for the needs of household the front-castle outbuildings were added the 2nd floor. Possible it is the time, when was destroyed the defensive fortification wall between the castle and its forepart, so recovering to the sight the united ensemble of architectural monuments. Baroque Style gate-tower’s wooden top supposedly is projected by architect R.Bindenshue in 1681-1685. Unluckily this was the place were the fire started at the time of rustic rebellion on the 1st of April, 1872, when the castle completely burned down. Later it was partly reconstructed after the project (1873) of architect P.M. Berchy from Liepaja City. At the time of the revolution of 1905 there was a fire again. After four years the owner Christian Von de Osten-Sakken started the reconstruction. He invited professor of architecture H. Pfeifer-Braunschweig from Germany, who planned the project and controlled the construction organization (1909). Architect tried to respect the main important periods of original image of the historic building, but the final results of the restoration made obvious that the architect had not studied the peculiarities of local architecture and the elements of Neo-Classicism in facades of the Dundaga castle look more like trivial vogue forms that is discredit to the principles of Neo-Classicism. On the other hand this illusion of Medieval castle with the measured marks of different centuries was done in the extra-modern for that time materials and with actual improvements – ferroconcrete wipes, lifts and central heating. There is still partly preserved the interior decorative finish from that period. For the present day in the castle is located the local Music and Art School. The Dundaga Music and Art School often organizes exhibitions in the premises of quasi ancient Dundaga Castle.