In 1886 at Meščanskas Street (now – Raiņa Street) after the project of A.Jefimovs the first church was built. It was small one storey building without any architectural masterpieces. The church building from red bricks was started in 20th century 30s instead of the old one. It was done by the project of engineer J.Cīrulis in the style of neo gothic. The church has sharp peak. In June, 1993 the church cross and later also the bell was renewed. Today there the concerts of classic music and worship take place. During such days the doors of Lutheran Church is opened for everyone who wants to see its life fulfilled with the music, light and Spirituality.